- God looks at us through the blood of Jesus. He loves us because of who He is, not because of who we are or what we have done.
- Mike had a stroke a few years ago, but God healed him completely except for some occasional dizziness, and He's receiving healing on that. During his hospitalization, his wife stood on the word of God, continually claiming "He will not die." (Psalm 118:17)
- God satisfies our desires and we will live long lives to the fullest, if we stand on what we have been given in Him.
- Mike says that where he is weak, his wife is strong; where she is weak, he is strong. They work together and make a perfect team.
Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord, “When the plowman shall overtake the reaper, And the treader of grapes him who sows seed; The mountains shall drip with sweet wine, and all the hills shall flow with it. Amos 9:13
- Things are speeding up. We are entering into a season of acceleration.
- The key is renewing our minds with the Word.
- Acceleration: speeding up, increase; what used to take years will now take months, what took months will take weeks, what took weeks will take days.
On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. 2 Now both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding. 3 And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, “They have no wine.” 4 Jesus said to her, “Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come.” 5 His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.” 6 Now there were set there six waterpots of stone, according to the manner of purification of the Jews, containing twenty or thirty gallons apiece. 7 Jesus said to them, “Fill the waterpots with water.” And they filled them up to the brim. 8 And He said to them, “Draw some out now, and take it to the master of the feast.” And they took it. 9 When the master of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom. 10 And he said to him, “Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when the guests have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good wine until now!” 11 This beginning of signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory; and His disciples believed in Him. John 2:1-11
- The key to miracles: Whatever He says, do it.
- That's what Jesus' mom told the servants when Jesus turned the water into wine.
- God's Word is Him speaking personally to me.
- DO what His Word says, and you will HAVE what the Word says.
- We must SPEAK that we will do what the Word says we can do.
- We combat thoughts in our minds by words coming out of our mouth.
casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5
- The message of the Gospel never changes, but the method can change.
- Jesus' method of sharing the Gospel was to go into their world; He blessed them in their world, in order to bring them back into His world.
And these signs shall follow those who believe… Mark 16:17
- The signs of what you truly believe are following you. If you don't like what is following you, change what you really believe.
- If we believe sickness, poverty, etc., it will follow us.
- We say we are prospered, but then we say "We can't afford this" again and again.
- But He has “pleasure in the prosperity His servant." (Psalm 35:27)
- Mike says of him and his wife, “We operate in acceleration - we get done all that God has called us to do and have plenty of time left over.” You can too, if you don't contradict it with your words.
- The river is moving quickly in the middle; it’s slower near the banks, allowing us to get in…but we have to step in.
When the Lord brought back the captivity of Zion, we were like those who dream. 2 Then our mouth was filled with laughter, And our tongue with singing. Then they said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.” 3 The Lord has done great things for us,
And we are glad. Psalm 126:1
- It's time to dream again. You've set some dreams aside, but it's time to dust them off and believe for them.
“The unseen will become the seen in 2018.”
- What is unseen in your life? What have you been waiting for?
- The Lord says, “I will open your eyes so you will see in the spirit like never before. Things will be restored. The high things must be brought down. This year you will see me move like never before. 2018 is your year. I have stepped on the accelerator. It is at the door. Don't stop or give up. You will see my power manifested in your life.”
- He is moving powerfully.
- Your perceived setback is actually a setup for God to bless you like never before.
- Some have been in confusion and don't know what to do about certain situations. Confusion does not come from God. He is not the author of confusion. (1 Corinthians 14:33)
- Some have lost their joy. You have focused on your circumstances. You must put you focus on God and not the circumstances.
- What was lost will be found.
"Overcoming the Storms of Life" - book by Mike Martin
- The storm does not cause victory or defeat - it's your reaction to the storm.
"Developing a Godly Image" - book by Mike Martin
- What you think determines what you see spiritually. What you see affects what you say. What you say affects your life.
When Mike’s young grandson was very sick, and the doctor said he would die, his daughter would not agree with what the doctor said, and he and his wife came and proclaimed he would live and not die (Psalm 118:17). He is well, normal and in college today.
Pastor Trey’s comments
Referring to Psalm 126:
- When we dream, our mouths are filled with laughter... And we are glad.
- The Lord will bring us out of captivity as we step into the (accelerated) streams.